Friday, April 15, 2016

Hi! I'm Misty

Hello!

I say "Hello!" with great enthusiasm because I am so very, very excited to be making my first blog post. Yay!

First, I want to introduce myself and tell you a tidbit about me, but not so much I put you to sleep... unless you are laying in bed in the middle of the night wishing you were sleeping ;). 

A bit about me and my loved ones

So, I am Misty. I would typically define myself as a wife and mother. Yup, that's it... a wife and mother, period. Who could not love a job built around LOVE? In my humble opinion, I think it is the bestest (yes, bestest!) job in the entire universe. My husband, Troy, is the best thing that has ever happened in my life, and I am so lucky that he picked me to shoot cupids arrow at. I'm pretty certain you will hear more about him and our adventures soon. Together we created two awesome sons. Drew, our oldest son, is turning out to be an amazing man. Next week he will to finish up the Heavy Duty Mechanic program at the local college to be fully certified in a passion he has had since he touched a wrench at age two. Basically, if Drew's hands are black with grease he is smiling from ear to ear. Our youngest son, is in grade ten and has a passion for vehicles too but in a smaller fashion. Beau loves remote control (RC) vehicles. It's amazing to watch him work with the tiny little parts. I was worried that a project like a RC "kit" would be to complicated for him, so I insisted that his dad assist him at all times. Long story short, Beau was amazing at it and Dad got to watch. lol. Not to forget our furry family I want to lovingly mention Scrappy, our 11 year old Shih-tzu dog, and Lucy, our 6 year old black cat. More on them later.

The real reason for my blog.

Now that the little bit of housekeeping is done I want to get in to the real reason for starting this blog and why I named it Creating with Misty. I have always had a thirst for artsy-fartsy, crafty-drafty stuff. I know that doesn't make sense but that is my point. Arts and crafts are about having fun. If the only rhyme I can think of sounds odd that is okay because I'm exercising my creative juices and that is my goal. I want to let my creativity have a life....  to let it be free to explore and make things up. I want to come together with others that have the same dream. I want to build a community of positivity and inspiration for us to share with each other. I do not want to limit the creative ideas to drawing and painting, or scrapbooking and card making, or jewelry and pottery. I want to leave it open for everything. Maybe a desire for cooking a delicious dessert will tickle my fancy, or perhaps I will crochet a warm scarf. With me there is always something new just around the corner. I love mixing things up and trying new things. I want to learn it with you. Therefore I kept the blog title general to all things creative.

I thank each and every one of you for reading my first blog post. I am so excited to learn how to blog. My next step is learning to add photos. Hmmmm, what should I create to photograph and post next? Any thoughts? It will be something I make in my crafting room. I can guarantee that. Wish me luck!

Please leave me a message in the comments. I would love for you introduce yourself and share any tips you might have for me.

See you soon
Happy creating!

Misty

No comments: