Monday, April 18, 2016

"A Nice Cuppa" tea after a wonderful adventure with family.

Good day friends,

How is everyone doing on this beautiful spring day? Today is suppose to be HOT! Like 26`C hot. Wow, that is not normal for spring in northern Canada. So, I do hope to get outside for a while to soak up some vitamin D.

Yesterday was a beautiful day too. For me it was one of the best days because I got to spend it with my husband and both our sons.... as well as some awesome friends :) We took a drive to the sand dunes which was the end result of excavating and moving a mountain to use as fill for a hydro dam. It was a short day of quadding and side-by-siding but I think we all enjoyed ourselves. In the second picture we are parked where, normally, the water is deep enough to swim. The dam's reservoir level is very low this year due to the minimal amount of snow this past winter. The distance was a good 400 feet between the water's edge to the log-jam at the edge of the beach. It was really interesting.




 



Well, enough about yesterday, today I want to share with you a card I made. I think it turned out quite pretty. I love the teacups stacked as though a tea party with the "besties" just finished up. I love everything about this card; the sentiment, the spoon handle poking out of the teacup, the teabag tag, and, of course, the precious little pearls that give it a bit a sparkle. The "A Nice Cuppa" stamp set and "Cups & Kettle" framelits dies are from Stampin' Up! along with the cardstock, vellum, baker's twine and pearls. I just love it!





There is one thing I do not like, and that is how my picture turned out. The colors just aren't right. I tried with three different types of lamps and each time it was discolored. But atleast this one wasn't extremely yellowish. I also attempted to fix it using Photoscape. I did resize it and play with the color a bit but honestly the photo does NOT do the card any favours at all. So, I am asking you, fellow creative friends, if you have any tips on how make my photos show off the beauty in the hand made card? 

Thank you all for reading my blog, and please leave a comment to let me know you stopped in for tea.


Happy creating
Misty

No comments: